Loose facial skin and wrinkles often occur on behalf of extreme or sudden weight loss, ageing, and certain lifestyle choices that result in your skin’s loss of elasticity and collagen. Tighten face skin (mengencangkan kulit wajah) and reduce the appearance of wrinkles by performing a series of facial yoga exercises, or start practicing one or more healthy anti-aging routines.
Performing Facial Yoga
Do “The Lion Face” pose for at least one minute. This exercise tightens and tones all the muscles (mengencangkan kulit wajah) in your face to help you look younger.
- Close your eyes and inhale slowly while scrunching your facial features as tightly as possible.
- Exhale and stick out your tongue as far as it can go.
- Open your eyes wide and raise your eyebrows.
Exercise your forehead. This helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines by tightening your forehead muscles.
- Place one hand on each side of your forehead near your temples.
- Spread your fingers apart and position your thumbs behind your head near the lower hairline.
- Position your pinky fingers at the end of your eyebrows.
- Gently pull the skin on your forehead back toward your hairline until the skin is taut.
- Raise your eyebrows as high as possible.
- Hold this position for five seconds and repeat five times.
Tighten loose, sagging cheeks using your fingers. Here are some exercises you can try:
- Look straight ahead and position your index fingers in the middle of your cheekbones.
- Press firmly down on your skin and make small circles using your index fingers.
- Push your lips outward into an “O” shape, then pull your lips back to make a wide smile.
Tighten eye brows and deep eye hollows. This exercise has nearly the same effect as a surgical eyebrow lift.
- Place your index fingers under each eye and point each finger toward your nose.
- Hide your teeth with your lips and open your mouth slightly.
- Gaze at the ceiling for 30 seconds while fluttering your upper eyelids.
Practicing Healthy Anti-Aging Techniques
Drink more water. Water hydrates your skin and improves elasticity to result in smoother, tighter skin. Aim to drink at least eight glasses of water per day, and swap out soda, coffee, and sugary juices for water.
Stop smoking. Smoking accelerates the aging process by breaking down collagen and elastin and depriving your skin of oxygen. Stop smoking as soon as possible, and consult with your healthcare provider about available smoking cessation methods.
Consume more vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Healthy whole foods such as fruits and vegetables are loaded with antioxidants and vitamins that naturally tighten skin by repairing elastin and collagen. Improve your diet by consuming more fruits, vegetables, nuts, lean sources of protein, and legumes.
Get more sleep. Sleep is vital to your body’s skin cell growth and reproduction, and helps turn over damaged, dead skin cells that contribute to loose, sagging skin. Aim to get about eight hours of sleep per night to improve the appearance of your skin.
Massage your face skin with extra virgin olive oil. Olive oil contains vitamins and antioxidants that naturally moisturize your skin to make it firmer and tighter.
- Massage olive oil into your face for one minute, then rinse off using water.
Apply a facial mask made from natural ingredients. Commercial brands of facial masks often contain chemicals, irritants, and other formulas that strip your skin of its natural oils and worsen fine lines and wrinkles. On the other hand, natural ingredients contain the nutrients your skin needs to tighten and firm itself naturally.
- Mash a ripe banana using a fork, apply the banana evenly to your facial skin, then rinse away after 20 minutes.
- Mix together an egg white and two to three drops of lemon juice, apply the mixture to your face, then rinse off after the mixture dries completely.
Avoid exposing your face to direct sunlight for long periods of time. Exposing your face to direct sunlight for more than 15 or 20 minutes breaks down collagen and strips your skin of its natural oils and moisture, resulting in wrinkles and fine lines. Limit the time you spend in the sun, or wear a hat to protect your skin.
Explore face-tightening options with an aesthetician or cosmetic surgeon.Treatments such as laser therapy and face lift surgery help tighten face skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Visit a day spa or speak to a cosmetic surgeon to learn more about your options for face-tightening treatments.